Hello, World! My, oh, my. Attending Art Center was no easy feat. Since I found out I got admitted to the college in early 2012, I made a conscious decision to cut out a lot of things in order to fully commit and focus on my intense new program.
A lot happened, and I ended up cutting out a lot of things I never anticipated to. I guess that's what happens when you go into a rigorous grad-esque program. But I'm grateful to say that I came out with a better idea of who I am, my intentions in life, and how I want to continue on with the rest of my life.
I know. Total esoteric shit.
I matured a lot in a short amount of time. And I became very familiar with my creative self and her process. You learn a lot about your raw self when you can only get four hours of sleep every night. ;)
But!! I've picked up some amazing new skills along the way, I swear!
- I'm frickin bomb at drawing and painting by hand now!
- I frequently create sketchbooks and prints!
- One of my pieces was published in Comic-con International's publication!
- I've learned how to sell my artwork at conventions and shows!
- I've been trained by top Disney art directors and artists, and I can whip out concept art pieces for entertainment!
- My school awarded me the Student Leadership Award (they just wanted me to stop asking questions, get outta their hair, or something). More about this soon. :)
- I managed to setup and showcase one of my pieces in virtual reality (VR) at my graduating show. (Second person from my school to ever do so, following the exceptional Ashley Pinnick; First person to do so with an HTC Vive!)
There's a lot to catch up on. And part of my un-hermit-ing will include documenting and sharing more about my process again.